Do you sometimes feel like you would rather just sit home alone and watch TV, rather than be disappointed in a social setting yet again?
Here's what I know...
(1) My grandmother always told me that "if you get invited, you go because you never know who you are going to meet." These words are on the second page of my book, Matchbook: The Diary of a Modern-Day Matchmaker (Simon & Schuster) and are words to live by.
(2) If you think about it, each time you actually do leave the house, something does happen. You might not meet the man of your dreams or your wife but you might run into an old friend, make a new and interesting business contact, or just have a good laugh.
(3) If you do leave the house, make sure you do it with positive energy; otherwise you are sabotaging things before you even leave.
(4) Pick chatty, outgoing people with whom to surround yourself. These people are connectors, and they attract people in their direction; you will reap the benefits.
(5) Keep in mind that every day is different. The last four Friday nights might have been busts, but this does not necessarily mean that this Friday night will be.
(6)Let's say tonight is the night that you are going to meet "your" guy. How are you going to meet him if you don't leave the house?
(7) Get excited about the idea of possibilities. Unpredictability is what keeps life exciting!