1. Men like women who act like women. This does not mean that you need to act like a frail woman or a Stepford wife, but it means that you should act in such a way so that he feel like he is the man and you are the woman.
2. Men like women who let a man help them. Men need to feel needed whether it's in a small way- changing a light bulb or answering a question for you or whether it's in a larger way- coming to your rescue in a bad situation or calming you down when you are freaking out. If you make him feel like you don't need him at all, he will leave you.
3. Men like women who act flirty. Flirting is the most important thing about male/female interaction- it's the best part of the "game." If you don't know how to flirt, it's important that you learn.
4. Men like women who giggle. This does not mean that you need to act like a "ditz," but keep in mind that the definition of a giggle is "a flirty laugh" and giggling tells the guy two things--that you think he's funny and that you like him because you are flirting with him through your laugh.
5. Men like women who dress like a woman. Men like women in dresses- they just do. You can make any excuse you want about thinking you look better in pants, but a guy will always appreciate and admire a woman in a dress.
6. Men like women who allow a man act like a man, women who let him watch football with the guys, have a guys night out once in awhile, even belch inappropriately from time to time. If you emasculate your guy, he will either turn into a guy who you won't respect or he will leave you because he will wind up not respecting himself.