Here's what I know...
(1) If a person can't keep your mental interest in the beginning when you first start dating, how will you stay interested in 1 yr, 5 yr 10yrs, or a lifetime?
(2) If you are a hot blooded person, face the facts, you need to have a relationship that has highs and lows, and runs hot and very hot; a vanilla, ordinary relationship is only going to make you want to cheat or leave.
(3) It is much easier to be with someone who just "gets it" and "gets you" than to be with someone who might be a "head-turner" for a moment, but with whom you just can't have an intense relationship.
(4) If you find someone who you personally think is hot,who actually gets you and grabs and holds your mental interest, this one is a keeper because this is very rare.
(5) Many times the very thing that draws you to a person initially like how "hot" she is or how much money he makes, will not sustain a relationship in the long haul.
(6) You should really think about whether you would want to be with this person on a deserted island because there will be many times during the course of your relationship that it will really be just the two of you. Will this person hold your interest? Keep you laughing? Will the time pass quickly, interestingly?