Have you ever wondered where to find romance in Turkey?
Here’s what I know…
1. Don’t let the name of this wonderful country fool you, Turkey is definitely for lovers!
2. The easiest way to get from place to place is flying Turkish Air
. Yes, they use some little planes but fear is always a good way of revving up romantic connection.
3. Istanbul, Turkey’s most famous city rivals cities like Paris and Buenos Aires as a “must see” city- the temperature, the nightlife, and the wonderful food makes for a very romantic vacation.
Don’t forget to take in an electric club like Reina
that goes until 4am. , a restaurant like Ulas 29,
that has unbelievably romantic views of the entire city and has a Sommelier that is one of the most knowledgeable I have encountered or a restaurant like
that hails from Hong Kong and London and where you have the wind from the water edges blowing through your hair and the most delicious dumplings you have ever tried.
4. Additionally in Istanbul, choose a hotel right on the Bosphorus like the beautiful Ciragan Palace, Kempinski Hotel
so that you can glaze out onto the water and whisper sweet nothings. Don’t forget to go for a walk along the water so you can see the all the beautiful manicured gardens and watch the sleek boats go up and down the waterways.
5. If you like see indigenous countryside, do not miss Cappadocia. This tiny region is
built completely out of caves but don’t worry I didn’t see any flying bats! Romance is at its best at the Anatolian Houses
, especially if you are a wine drinker since they have a spicket in the wall that dispenses complimentary Turkish wine all day long. Don’t forget to do a his and hers Turkish bath; this is sensuality at its best!
6. As for beach relaxation, Turkebuku
on the Bodrum Peninsula makes St Tropez and Ibiza seem like yesterdays old news.
The Turkbuku weather is 78 and sunny every day, there is an amazing happy hour with famous European DJs (you can get them to make you a CD of their tunes) and then there is the swimming right off the deck of the hip Maca Kizi
Hotel, on the water’s edge which is not to be missed. For accommodations, the Ev Hotel
, with its legendary views of the entire town and private swimming pools is the way to go if you are trying to find seclusion, away from the hustle and excitement of the Turkbuku nightlife and trying to recapture the romance in your relationship.
7. Additionally, if shopping is the way to your honey's heart, the Shopping in Turkbuku is not to be believed as the stores and the open air market stays open until 5am!
Imagine having bottle service at a club like Ships Ahoy
, dancing till the wee hours to both Eastern and Western sensual music and then topping off the evening with a purchase of a sexy little dress, or a gorgeous bauble from a store like Gasia
, right on the water’s edge. You will have your lady eating out the palm of your hand!
Follow Samantha on twitter- www.twitter.com/matchmakerSD